Quartz plates, reflectors and filters are used within many industries using UV technology. They are used mainly to separate air flow and to protect uv lamps against contamination and ink spray. They have a UV and IR permeability of approximately 210 to 4,000nm.
UV Technik supply quartz plates manufactured and cut to customer specified sizes. Plates mechanically polished on both sides and or flame-polished are available on request.
Key features of quartz glass:
- high transmission of UV up to the IR range (200 – 4,000 nm and higher)
- high thermal stability (up to approx. 1,100 °C)
- low thermal expansion coefficient and thus good resistance to temperature change
- very low chemical reactivity
- high dielectric strength (good insulator)